2009 Boston Homebrew Competition
This year's judging will be held at the law offices of Holland and Knight in the Back Bay area of Boston. Judging will begin at 9:00 AM sharp on Saturday, February 28th. In order to allow us to pre-assign judges and stewards to categories and to begin judging on time, we need to know which categories you have entered and which you feel qualified/prefer to judge. Please fill out the online Judge/Steward registration form providing this information by Friday, February 20th. Please also indicate whether you are able to assist in pre-judging flights during the week of February 23rd (location in the Boston area to be determined). Morning coffee, tea, and donuts will be served on competition day and lunch will be provided to all judges and stewards. For those driving to assist at the competition, parking is available in the garage at the site and will be reimbursed for those who register in advance.
Important Note: As the competition will be held in a secure building, pre-registering to judge or steward before the competition is required. We need to give building security a list of people helping in advance of the competition.
Holland and Knight
10 St. James Ave.
Boston MA 02116
Directions to the Judging Location:
- By train: The judging location is easily accessible by the Green and Orange T Lines as well as some MBTA Commuter rail lines (Framingham/Worcester,
Providence/Stoughton). Click route name for schedules and maps.
- Green Line: The judging site is located one block from the Arlington Green Line Stop. When leaving the station, head south along Arlington for one block. Turn right onto St. James and you're there.
- Orange Line & Commuter Rail: The judging site is located a couple of blocks from Back Bay Station. Exit the station onto Clarendon and head north (crossing over the Mass Pike). After about a block and a half, turn right on St. James. Go a block, crossing Berkeley St, and look for 10 St. James.
- From the west via the Mass Pike (I-90): Head east on I-90. Take exit 22 toward Copley Square/Prudential Center. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Copley Sq. and merge onto RT-9 E/Stuart St. Turn left at Berkeley St. Turn right at St James Ave.
- From the North via I-93: Head south on I-93. Take exit 26 to merge onto RT-28 S/RT-3 N/Storrow Dr toward RT-28 S/Storrow Dr. Continue to follow RT-28 S. Turn left at Beacon St. Turn right at Arlington St.
Continue to follow Arlington St. Turn right at St James Ave.
- From the South via I-93: Head north on I-93. Take exit 20 toward Logan Airport/S Station/I-90/Worcester. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Frontage Rd/S Station and merge onto Frontage Rd. Turn left at E Berkeley St. Turn right at St James Ave.
For a map to go http://maps.google.com/maps?q=10+St+James+Ave+Boston+MA
If you have any questions about judging or stewarding, please contact
Mark Irwin (Judge Coordinator)
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
(617) 868-7381 (h)